Description: This Skill is used to connect a caller to the business when they ask to speak with a person, or when the agent doesn’t understand what the caller said.
Speak to someone
The Operator skill can be used to perform the following 4 functions during open hours:
- Connect caller to the business # (Default & applies to most businesses)
This requires you to have the business number set to connect the caller to the business. You can do this by navigating to your agent settings, and input your business number in the agent profile section.
Tips: Here are other configurations available to use for this skill (these are less commonly used by businesses)
- Agent says
- This functionality allows you to input language that you would like to communicate to your callers before they are transferred to your business line. For example, you can say: “You are now being transferred to speak with a staff member at [business]. One moment please…”
- Agent offers to send a link via text message
- Your agent can offer to send your callers a link via text message in the greeting. You can text them a link to your website so your callers can learn more about your product and/or service offerings, or make a purchase. It’s important to explain the link to let the callers know what the link is about. For example: “Unfortunately, I can't get anybody to the phone right now. You may be able to get the information you need on our site. <Can I send you the link?>”
- Agent offers to take a message
- Your agent can offer to take a message for the business in the greeting. If the caller agrees to leave a message, it captures customer information such as their name, their contact preferences (call or text) and their message, which will appear in your dashboard as a recorded call in the “calls” tab.